Table Flip Games Ltd.
Based in Cambridge, UK.
Sure Footing is a fast and frantic endless running about four friends saving their world from extinction. The world of Computra is under threat from the evil Ramrafstar and his ferocious minion Deletion Dave as they seek to destroy the partitions that hold everything together. Join Pixel Pete, Polly Polygon, Blip and Plunk as they outrun their newfound enemies across the sectors of the Computra hard disk: to warn their friends and find a way to stop Ramrafstar before their homeworld is destroyed.
What started out as a small academic project in procedural level generation systems brought not only Sure Footing but the formation of Table Flip Games as we now know it! In development over three years while we've been busy teaching university students (including some who wound up working on the game itself), the world of Computra and its characters slowly took form with every build put on show. Sure Footing has been shown at UK events such as the EGX Rezzed, the Insomnia Games Festival, MCM Comic Con, Game City, the Norwich Gaming Festival and the STEM Big Bang Fair.
- Four playable characters - Pixel Pete, Polly Polygon, Blip and Plunk - each with their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Play your own way! Customise each character with a variety of power-ups and skill tree buffs.
- Over 50 costumes to unlock by completing challenges in-game.
- Evil villains Ramrafstar and Deletion Dave are going to cause you all sorts of trouble!
- Local competitive and co-operative multiplayer for up to four players!
- Visit the distant sectors of Computra and watch out for the weird and wonderful changes they bring.
- A bright and funky soundtrack by Eli Rainsberry (Hashtag Dungeon).
- Blends the best of classic platforming with fast-paced infinite runner gameplay.
Launch Trailer YouTube
Sure Footing at PROCJAM 2015 back in the early days of development. YouTube
An overview of the first phase of the PCG system, presented at the 2015 AIIDE conference. YouTube
Sure Footing PCG Presentation at the 2015 Joint Conference of DiGRA/FDG (Starts at 40:26) YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Sure Footing. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
- "While infinite runners are certainly not a new thing, most of them air on the side of caution with how they generate levels... What makes Sure Footing different is the fact that the level formation is done on a much smaller, tighter scale, that the game also has a lot of verticality and also in how the game allows you to assign your own abilities before you set out on your attempts to best your previous high score."
- Dann Sullivan, Big Boss Battle
- "It’s the addictive, finely crafted platforming gameplay and the cute, 8-bit art design that attracts attention for this game."
- Reza Hassan, GReviews
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Our dev blog carries screenshots, feature updates and posts on our current work. Available at the link or head to surefootingdev.tumblr.com. bit.ly.
The complete Sure Footing soundtrack by Eli Rainsberry. Available at the link below. store.steampowered.com.
About Table Flip Games Ltd.
Table Flip Games is an Independant studio based in the UK, found by Matthew Syrett and Tommy Thompson.
More information on Table Flip Games Ltd., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Sure Footing Credits
Lead designer, programmer.
Artist, Game Design
Character and Environment Artist
Music and SFX
Producer, Marketing and PR
Character and Costume Concept Artist, Freelancer
Concept and UI Artist, Freelancer